In private practice, you are able to create a practice that is yours and yours only. You can practice therapeutic approaches you believe in and provide any service that is not just limited to clinical work. You can even travel around the world providing workshops and lectures.
Over the years, I have met many therapists who have dreamt of having their own practice but were never actually able to make it a reality. I also know therapists whose practices are not thriving or who are afraid of pursuing their own ideal practice. Starting a private practice makes many therapists reflect on their identities, their needs and desires, and their self-worth.
Managing private practice involves both emotional flexibility and business acumen. In private practice, you do not have the type of safety net you had when you worked for an organization. If a solid infrastructure for your practice is not in place, you will spend unnecessary energy just holding things together, which impacts the quality of your therapeutic work. At the same time, you need to continue to improve your clinical skills, so that you can differentiate yourself from other therapists. Maintaining an emotionally fulfilling practice requires courage, curiosity, and creativity.
In working with me, you will be able to:
- Visualize your dream practice (how many days do you want to work? How many clients do you want to have? Office hours? Want to write books? Teach? Hold workshops?)
- Identify what is holding you back for pursuing your goals (Self-esteem? Fear of failure? Fear of success? )
- Develop or revise your business plans
- Learn to set fees and talk about fees in session in the therapeutic and business context
- Develop ways to efficiently conduct administrative duties (bookkeeping, accounting, documentations, office policies, administrative procedures)
- Learn to work with insurance companies as an in-network & out-of-network provider
- Develop your own marketing styles and learn to build and maintain a consistent flow of clients
Owning a private practice has been such a fulfilling experience for me. I look forward to the day ahead and feel energized and grateful when the day is done. You know when people say “I am going to sleep well tonight”? I feel that everyday.
I would like to help you actualize your dream practice by guiding you through the nuts and bolts of the business aspects of private practice while providing you with the emotional support you need along the way, so that you too can sleep well at night.